This 1850’s home had been ordered as unoccupiable, was stripped back to the bones, and completely renovated into this stunning 3 bedroom home in Seeley’s Bay.
- Date: July 2019
- Client: Marble Rock C&D
- Project Type: Home Renovation
About this Project
This house was an 1850’s house that has seen several inadequate renovations to the home which lead to the home having several building code violations and orders against the house to the point of being unoccupiable.
The house was purchased by Marble Roc C&D. The orders were lifted on the condition that we bring the house up to occupying standards.
Bringing the house up to code
In order to bring the house up to occupying standards the following was completed:
- adding structural work to the foundation
- adding support beams & rafters
- re-insulation of walls, wiring, plumbing
- complete sill replacement
- new windows and doors
- installation of a new HVAC system
- upgraded the septic and well system.
All the inspections were passed to bring the house up to code. Then the renovations could begin.
This beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home is situated on a lot and a half in Seeley’s Bay.
The main floor was completely opened up to create an open concept kitchen, dining room and living area that wraps around the custom built staircase in the centre of the space.
This home features:
- engineered flooring throughout
- custom four piece bathroom complete with a 60” walk in shower and soaker tub
- recessed led lighting throughout
- front and back porch